Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Creamy Jalapeno




This has quickly become a favorite, not just with my family, but among friends, neighbors, co-workers, and even at my kids' school! It tends to have a kick, so adjust the amount of jalapenos you use according to your taste. As a mater of fact, most of the ingredient amounts can be changed without ruining the overall "likability" of this sauce/dip. Not a big fan of cilantro? Don't use as much. Like it more as a sauce or a dip? Use more or less milk. Have fun and enjoy. And, let me know how it turns out and what you think about it. I love comments!



Ingredients:

1 1/3C Mayo (DO NOT USE MIRACLE WHIP!)

1/3 C Milk

1/3 C Chopped Jalapenos (I use the canned ones)

1/3 C Tomatillos (the canned ones that are whole)

1 torn handful Cilantro, slightly chopped

1 pkt Hidden Valley Ranch powdered dressing mix


Place all ingredients in a blender and blend. Contents will take on a greenish color. Chill for at least an hour. Serve as a dip or as a sauce. I've even used it as a dressing on taco or fajita salads. It's YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment