Friday, September 9, 2011

Chipotle Burritos

I know this is supposed to be a burrito, but Daniel and I eat it as a burrito bowl (no tortilla) and the kids eat it more as a soft taco, so I thought I'd throw this pic up since it shows ALL the yumminess! I also forgot to take a pic of my own finished product since I was so eager to dig in, so I downloaded this one from the internet. There I've given credit to whomever posted this one.

Ingredients:
2# beef roast of your choice
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 onion, sliced
1 small can chipotles in adobo sauce
1 t. oregano
1/4 t. cumin
1 clove minced garlic

Cut meat into 2" thick pieces. Place in crock-pot. Mix all of the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or 4-5 hours on high. Remove and shred.
Serve in flour tortillas or as a bowl (no tortillas) with black beans, rice, guacamole, cheese, lettuce and tomato, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment